Let's get TECHnical

A few guidelines and tips on the latest technology!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Smilebox


Smilebox was Bethany and my Web 2.0 tool. Smilebox is a free, read-to-use tool that allows its users to get creative to share photos and videos in a variety of formats. It gives the options of designing your own invitations, greetings, slideshows, online scrapbooks, photo albums, newsletters, and calendars. Smilebox is fun to use and play around with, it can turn any event or project into something visually appealing. After becoming familiar with the website by creating our own account we were able to present and teach the class how to navigate and use Smilebox. The overall learning of Smilebox and teaching the "how tos" to the class went well. It has become a useful tool of my own, and once I figured out how to use I have become familiar with each format and have many of ideas how to use it now and in the future. The presentation went smooth as well. My peers seem to catch on fast, and we had each one of them create a Halloween party invitation. They were spooky cute!

I could use Smilebox in my future classroom with a number of things. The invitations could be used for holiday classroom parties, up-coming events throughout the school year, and for student's birthdays. The scrapbooks and slideshows would be essential assets for collecting memories of the things going on in class or simply a student's progress and "milestones". Also, Smilebox helps with creating newsletter to send out to the parents and calendars for families to keep in their homes. This Web 2.0 tool has endless opportunities to better organize a classroom and a teacher's way of communicating with parents.

I'm not sure I would do anything differently. I loved the Halloween classroom party invitation I designed. I enjoyed learning, using, and teaching what I know about Smilebox! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment