Let's get TECHnical

A few guidelines and tips on the latest technology!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

All about the four seasons diagram



I made this specific diagram to help second graders learn more about the four seasons, and how the seasons change throughout the year. I provided each season with three to four little facts that would help kids recognize certain changes they experience during the spring, summer, fall, and winter. I used pictures to provide a visual aid for each season and little notes to add additional information as well. I think this assignment went well. Once, I understood how to use the tools provided in Inspiration it was easy to navigate and create an appealing diagram to a second grader's eye. The images were easy to find and relate to the topics in the symbols box. Also, posting the diagram to my blog and website went smoothly too.

I will use this tool in my professional instruction with students when going over the atmosphere during a science lesson. The four seasons are great and vital teach the students what happens when the seasons change and how to prepare for the temperature changes. It would also serve as a great way to lead into discussion on what each student does for the upcoming seasonal adjustments. I will definitely use Inspiration in the classroom to be a tool that accompanies my future lessons. Inspiration can provide connection with an organized and grade appropriate structure.

If I had to do something different, I would put more thought into the fonts and figure out how to size everything exactly the same to make it flow better. Also, I would extend the information and put more facts with each season or what ever the concept to elaborate more. However, I feel this was a great start to using Inspiration and happy with the overall outcome of my diagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment