Let's get TECHnical

A few guidelines and tips on the latest technology!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Helpful Classroom Website

The website that I evaluated was National Geographic KIDS and under the title it says "dare to explore". While looking for the website I to evaluate, I knew I wanted to find a science, interactive website. If I had the choice of my first classroom to teach it would definitely be a science class. Through my journey of finding the right website, I stumbled upon the National Geographic website for kids. As soon as I found it, I knew it was the one, and it would be a very educational and informative website. I'm 21 years old, and this website grasped my attention immediately.

The evaulation went well, because there were so many links, tabs, and aspects of the website to use for the evaluation. Most of the response to the criteria of the evaluation were 'Y' for yes. What is great about the website is that National Geographic has many resources of contact information, and it allows kids to write a letter to the National Geographic for limitless reasons. I found the website was easy to access, the links worked quickly, and there were several activities and information to engage in.

As soon as I saw this website, I knew I could use it in various ways in my professional practice and instructions with students. I would hope to use it in a science base class while learning about animals around the world, people within their communities, daily news, and to show nonfiction photos. I think it is important to show students realistic pictures and discuss subjects that are going on in the world around them.  This is also a good source for students to use while working on a project or research assignment. I'm not sure what I would do differently about evaluating this website because I feel it is a great tool for parents, teachers, and students. I would highly recommend this site for educational and enjoyment purposes.


No comments:

Post a Comment