Let's get TECHnical

A few guidelines and tips on the latest technology!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

My New Mac Book

So, I use to be a 100% PC and had a Dell ever since I could remember! I had my whole life on my Dell with nothing backed up or saved to a flash-drive. This actually made me think back to the Sex and the City episode where Carrie's computer crashes and looses all her work. Fortunately, I did not loose anything too personal. My pictures are really the only thing I want off my Dell, but it comes with a price... $100. No, thanks, not right now! I'm a college kid that has to eat! But the good news is my mom went out and surprised me with the Mac Book Pro!

There were many things that went wrong getting to the know the Mac. First, my mother was fooled by the Geek squad and did not get me Microsoft word, she got me pages. It is not easy to transfer documents since the whole world uses Microsoft word. It took me a little bit but I finally figured out how to save my Pages documents as a Word document. It is about time, and this has saved me a lot of revising on the computers in the library! Now, a lot of things have gone quite well. I love how light the Mac is, the keyboard, and how it is compatible with more things. I very happy to no longer have a PC and have a Mac... they are the future!

What I will do differently next time is back up my work and start putting everything on Dropbox (which I am still getting use too). I have learned not to keep everything on a computer because they cannot be completely trusted, and there comes a hefty price with get your own things back from the geek squad. Also, I will forever be a Mac user and no longer a Dell.

No comments:

Post a Comment