Let's get TECHnical

A few guidelines and tips on the latest technology!

Monday, November 21, 2011

The Importance of Sleep iMovie


I created an iMovie on the importance of sleep for elementary children. I thought this tech project went really well. I actually enjoyed creating the iMovie. The only thing that was a little difficult was finding pictures, referring back to their original site, and then siting them on the credits page. Other than that, creating the actual movie went smoothly. Planting the pictures was simple, finding how I wanted my captions was fun to play around with, and finding a song to go with the movie was simple as well using the public domain website.

I could use this iMovie activity in the classroom by having students (in the upper elementary level) create a movie that goes along with a book they read; for example a book report. I could also use this as a virtual field trip of the zoo or somewhere out of the country during a history lesson. Also, I could use an iMovie to demonstrate an experiment for a science lesson. The ideas are almost endless, and I think the iMovie is a great tool to have and know how to correctly use in the classroom.

If I could do anything differently, I would have chosen all my pictures originally from the public domain website to avoid tedious siting of the my pictures regarding copyright. I'm not sure what else I would do different because I thought for my first movie, I did fine without many obstacles! I really recommend this as a great and fun tool to use inside and outside the classroom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment