Let's get TECHnical

A few guidelines and tips on the latest technology!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Exel Spreadsheet, a little tedious!


I did my excel worksheet on the solar system, asking questions about the sun and the 9 planets. This tech project did not go so well for me. I ended up doing it wrong the first time due to my questions being too long and making the spreadsheet more than one page. So, I can it another try! It was not as hard the second time because I had gotten and expected the tedious steps to making the "perfect" excel spreadsheet. However, I still did not get it down correctly. I forgot or did not do the name and date correctly to where students or myself could write something in the blank. This excel sheet was frustrating for me, but I'm sure once I get the hang of it and a little practice it will be a useful tool for the classroom and outside the classroom because of how organized the structure of an excel sheet entails.

I could use this type of excel sheet in the classroom by giving mini quizzes and testing my students knowledge. It could be a weekly practice worksheet as well and give students immediate feedback if their answer is correct or not. However, I would have to use it in the upper elementary grades that are familiar with technology. The excel spreadsheet will not be my go-to tool for the classroom, but I can see its benefits as well!

Next time, I will check over my excel worksheet multiples time and make sure my frustration stays at the door. I feel I was ready for the project to be over, I did not check to see if everything was working correctly. It just looked good on the surface, and at the time, that was good enough for me. However, I want it to work as well and have this technology skill down for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment